Saturday, November 7, 2015

Surly Coffee Bender

Today I have Coffee Bender from Surly in my glass.  And I think it's good, if a bit overrated.  Probably more overrated than Surly Overrated.  I've been hearing good things about this one for awhile, and while it's not bad, I'm also not overly impressed.  It has a decent amount of flavor for a 5.1% ABV beer, but that qualifier is necessary.  The coffee in this beer is probably most evident in the pleasantly rich nose, though there are some pleasant notes on the tongue as well, and the finish is surprisingly long and full.  Okay, this is one of the more impressive overrated beers that I've had.  If it was half as expensive and hyped I would probably call it a great beer, as is it nearly lives up to its reputation.


No comments:

Post a Comment