Thursday, May 21, 2015

Central Water's Space Ghost

Today I have in my glass, Space Ghost from Central Waters.  Before diving in I will say this:  I have a little experience with peppered beers, and some have been favorites (Mikkeller Chipotle Porter, I'm looking at you) while others were less exceptional.  I was intrigued when I first heard of this one, but intimidated by the thought of anything made with ghost peppers.  This came recommended by a friend who professed it to be "not too hot but really good," so Scott, I'm going to hunt you down after drinking this and either give you a hug or a punch in the face.  I think that's fair.  Pours out plenty dark, with a decent finger of mocha head.  Noses peppered chocolate, though not too hot.  I'm digging it so far.  There's a definite burn to this one, more subtle initially and building in the finish, lingering in the back of my mouth long after I swallow.  I've never had anything like this before. I don't think I would buy another, but I am glad to have this one.  I think the nose is probably my favorite part, and the finish my least favorite, but overall I like this one much more than I dislike it.  Scott, you get neither a hug nor a punch, but you can take a high five if you want it.


No comments:

Post a Comment