Thursday, May 7, 2015

Great Lakes Chillwave

Today I have Great Lakes Chillwave in my glass. Chillwave sounds like a dumb name to me, but evidently I'm having more trouble with the word "lakes." LAKES. LAKES LAKES LAKES [Imagine this all in red ink. - Josephine.]

Okay, that's better. Great Lakes' Chillwave is made using Mosaic hops, which are all the rage now. Mosaic are a little funkier than some of the other varieties out there. I read a review a while ago comparing the smell of this beer to cat urine, so I'm trying not to think about that. Frankly, I think this smells pretty good. Not at all like the basement of my childhood home.

It tastes good, too. I recommend this beer if you like weird IPA beer. Just look past the dumb name and that thing about cat piss. Granted, I don't think I would want to drink this beer every day but it's definitely worth trying. Damn weird though. Maybe that does taste like feline urine. I mean, probably not. I can't quite put my finger on it.

You should try this one just try try it. Think one is enough for me though. Could be interesting in a series trying beers that highlight different hops strains.

No comments:

Post a Comment