Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Today I have Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale in my glass. This beer holds a special place in my heart as my first microbrew. Before trying it I was unconvinced that American beer could be any good. I've tried hundreds of different microbrews since then. I rarely buy Sierra Nevada, but I always enjoy it when I do. Take a walk with me down memory lane as I enjoy an old favorite:

It pours pale, true to its name, though richer than your average macro. Definitely noses like a transitional beer, a somewhat hoppier take on the average macro lager. It's straight forward and bitter on the palate with a decent hop dose. I recall this beer having a notably yeasty finish, but this bottle doesn't seem to be delivering it. After all of the nice words I wrote before, I have to admit this beer isn't doing it for me. I can be an apologist here, and say maybe it was poorly stored, or a bad batch. The best thing I can say about it is that it went well with fish fry, but so does Pabst. I hope this bottle was not a good representation of where this beer has gone, though it may be awhile before I try another.

Bjorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment