Saturday, April 18, 2015

We missed a post!

Bjorn enjoying some fine eats at PC's
classic saloon.
I know, we missed a post. We're very sorry. Two new posts will be up this coming Thursday to make it up to you all. I hope we can make it up to you all!

There is a pretty okay excuse for missing this last Thursday: Bjorn was visiting me in Utah for my birthday. We had a lovely long weekend, including a whiskey tour at High West Distillery. We've attended several brewery and distillery tours over the years, and I can say with confidence that this was by far the best I have ever been on. It doesn't hurt that High West is such an interesting company with a real investment in local history and preservation programs.

After the tour and tasting, we headed up Park City's historic Main Street to enjoy a buffalo burger and a nice glass of whiskey at the No Name Saloon. No, there were no dancing girls or women of ill repute. Fun fact from my work at the local museum: the famous and long lived Red Light district in Park City had strict rules that the girls were not to walk the streets alone or hang out in drinking establishments! However, there has always been great food and good drink all over the city.

Keep an eye out for next week!

Josephine.

No comments:

Post a Comment