Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Founders Harvest Ale

Today I have Founder's Harvest Ale in my glass.  For what it's worth, I think I like this beer better than Surly's Wet (see previous post), but that isn't saying a ton.  The nose is full and juicy, but it's a bit thin on the palate, albeit fairly complex.  A little funk, a little juiciness, some herbal qualities, some grapefruit, and a bit of asprin on the finish.  Every year I want this to be one of the beers I most anticipate as we enter wet hop beer season, but every year I'm disappointed by it.  I'm glad other people love this beer.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate it, but I feel like it's closer to good than great, and every year I want it to be great, I want to discover what I missed last time I had it, but I never seem to figure out why others are so enamored.

No comments:

Post a Comment