Monday, October 19, 2015

Surly Wet

Today, I have Surly Wet in my glass.  Unfortunately, it's not as sexy as it sounds.  I'm coming to a realization (either unfortunate or reassuring, i'm not sure which) that I'm not really into wet-hopped beers.  One of the first that I ever had, Sierra Nevada's Harvest (don't recall if it was Northern Hemisphere or Southern) was excellent.  I love the idea of drinking beer made with freshly harvested hops that are packed with juicy flavor, but so often I find myself disappointed.  Maybe I don't like this one because it uses Simcoe hops.  I'm detecting an unpleasant onion flavor with this beer that I don't care for.   I'm disappointed, especially considering I spent $5 for a pint-sized can.  If you really want to try it I recommend looking for a single, but I wouldn't recommend trying it.  Maybe if you're into Simcoe hops, I dunno.  It does have a nice, full mouth-feel, I'll grant it that, but the flavor itself doesn't do much for me, nor does the aroma.  File under "Overpriced, overrated." 


No comments:

Post a Comment